We work with young people aged from 5 to 25 years, from a wide variety of backgrounds. Many of those we work with have a wide variety of issues, including risk of exclusion from school, those who have already been excluded from school, economically poor family situations, behavioural issues, and those at risk. Our activities and programmes are designed to alleviate these issues and offer a positive alternative and future.
A volunteer would be supporting the youth workers with the daily running of the drop-in sessions and will help with supervision of young people. They will have the opportunity to provide 1-2-1 support with young people and eventually lead on some specific sessions.
Volunteering Roles include:
- General Supervision
- Music Production
- Food Preparation
- Arts & Crafts
Sessions run after school hours on week days as Drop-In sessions for young people to attend as well as a football specific session running once a week. Please ask for confirmed days and times for each session.
You will need to:
- be 18 years +
- be DBS checked (this can be carried out on confirmation of regular volunteering)
- be reliable & trustworthy,
- able to relate well to young people,
- be a good communicator and well organised,
- be confident & passionate about making a difference,
- and have good listening skills.
Nice to haves:
- safeguarding training,
- any completed inclusion & diversity training,
- First Aid / Health & Safety / Food Hygiene,
- coaching qualifications
We will provide:
- support & regular supervision,
- opportunities for own personal development,
- a fun & social environment,
- the chance to bring own expertise and interests where fitting with the young people.