Compass Support is the charitable arm of The Pioneer Group. As a social business, since 2004, we provide services that enable people to make a positive change in their lives. We tailor our services to the needs of the individual, recognising that one size doesn't fit all. Our service offer includes; employment, adult support, family support, health & wellbeing, children & young people and community support.
Telebuddies Be-Friend Project:
'Telebuddies Be-Friend Project' is a telephone befriending project, aimed at improving the lives of people in Birmingham who have been left socially isolated and lonely as a result of the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent closure of community activities and vital services.
Do you enjoy a good chat? Are you a kind, caring individual who wants to make a difference to the Birmingham community?
Yes? Then this could be an ideal volunteering opportunity for you to get involved in.
Volunteer Role Requirements:
- To provide a weekly call of up to an hour, to a matched individual who has been identified as being at risk of social isolation,
- To provide positive general conversation and social interaction via the telephone, or video chat if available,
- To complete a log of volunteering hours and to submit to the Project Coordinator,
- To report any concerns to the Project Coordinator,
Volunteers can be matched to more than one individual if they are able to offer more time.
- One reference from an employer, education provider or your volunteering supervisor/co-ordinator,
- To complete a DBS
What to expect from Compass Support:
- Safeguarding Awareness Training,
- A volunteer DBS check,
- Support and contact throughout from the 'Be-Friend' Project Coordinator,
- A professional reference
Desirable Qualities for the Role:
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to listen as well as talk
- Friendly and calm
- Honest and reliable
- Ability to maintain boundaries
- Able to report back to the team
This opportunity is the ideal chance to make a positive and lasting difference to people's lives in Birmingham.