Carers Trust Solihull run regular support groups across Solihull, where they welcome adult carers into a safe environment to chat and take part in activities put on by the charity.
They are looking for confident, enthusiastic and empathetic volunteers to assist their Events and Activities Coordinator in delivering a variety of activities.
Events / Sessions Include:
- Days / Evenings out;
- Information events;
- Charity events.
What you could be doing:
- Helping people get to the venue;
- Assisting people on arrival;
- Facilitating the event / session;
- Getting involved with activities;
- General helping during the event.
If you are a reliable, flexible individual looking to gain experience supporting individuals who give a lot of their own time to caring for another, then this opportunity is ideal for you. You will need to be comfortable working with groups of adults; Have good communication skills and the ability to actively listen.
What you can gain:
- Improved social skills: Listening, communicating, engaging;
- References: After a 3 month review;
- Induction to working with Carers Trust: Citation: Lone Working and Personal Safety, GDPR, Manual Handling, Fire Safety Awareness & Risk Assessment Awareness;
- Training: Safeguarding, shadowing with experienced staff.