This opportunity is based in Balsall Heath in a historic swimming pool; a Grade II listed Edwardian building which first opened in 1907.
In it's more recent history, Moseley Road Baths was under threat of closure for many years and saw a community of local people rally together to take over the running of the pool as a community run swimming facility.
Volunteers are essential to making sure that they can stay open and continue providing fitness, well-being and swimming lessons to the people of Balsall Heath and surrounding areas.
Moseley Road Baths are looking for Volunteer Lifeguards with some pool experience; as a confident swimmer, or having performed a pool-side role before, you could be perfect for this role.
If you are already qualified as a lifeguard, great! And if not, then do not fear, they would still want to hear from you.
What the role requires:
- Excellent skills in the water,
- Good communication and observational skills,
- A good level of concentration,
- The ability to remain calm and to act quickly in an emergency
What you can expect from Moseley Road Baths:
- Full support from the team and supervisors,
- Any training required to qualify as a Lifeguard (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, First Aid etc.),
- A full induction to the pool and role,
- Any additional training of interest aligned to the role,
- Chance to discover more opportunities in training and experiences (E.g. Pool Plant Cert)
It is essential to have a National Pool Life-guarding Qualification to perform this role. This training will be provided if required and in return for the volunteering hours you provide.
You will be pool-side when performing this role and it could be during swimming lessons and / or public swimming, depending on when you are available to volunteer.
You can volunteer at any time of the week including evenings and weekends depending on what you want to do. Opening times are 7 am – 9 pm.