About Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Small Grants Fund
B2022 Small Grants is a pot of funding for between £100 - £2500 for community organisations to deliver events and activities. Successful projects will:
Achieve at least one of 3 outcomes:
- Bringing people together: celebrating sport and physical activity, connecting to the cultural vibrancy of the Commonwealth, and supporting cultural diversity and inclusion.
- Improving health & wellbeing: focus on participation including those who are inactive to become active. It can also tackle inequality in participation including access to kit and equipment.
- Helping the region to grow and succeed: focus on supporting volunteers and workforce development.
Achieve at least one of our 3 values:
- Collaborative (sharing with others in the community) - E.g. finding a new group that have never visited your place or activity before and celebrating together, be it a sporting activity or a social gathering to watch the games.
- Inclusive (helping everyone take part) - E.g. attending training to learn how to be more welcoming for a new group with a health condition, or creating a new activity session so that they can take part.
- Adaptable (changing to attract new people or meet the needs of others) - E.g. creating an online session to include inactive groups, or purchasing some specialist equipment so that everyone can be active together.
To apply for the funding, please fill out the expression of interest form here - https://bit.ly/3M7yUTj