One in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. Completing this course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to better understand and support people living with mental health problems, and create a positive environment that ensures they enjoy the benefits of being active and keep coming back for more.
The four modules will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
- build people’s resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- adapt your sessions to make them more inclusive
- enable and support mental health recovery, and
- tackle stigma and discrimination.
Who is it for?
Everyone who delivers coaching in clubs, community sport and physical activity – such as coaches, activators, sports administrators, front of house staff or volunteers – will benefit.
What will I get?
- You will also get access to an extensive bank of resources that you can start using straight away.
- After completing the course you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- The course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Please note: Online bookings are now taken directly through UK Coaching, via their website page (select ‘Book Now’ below to be taken there).
Sport Birmingham would love to hear your feedback on this training and how you feel it has improved your confidence, knowledge and understanding of mental health conditions in the context of supporting those with mental health problems to access sport and physical activity.