About Co-op Local Community Fund
We support projects that make communities fairer for everyone. Co-op members have raised over £85m for nearly 30,000 local projects since we started the fund in 2016.
Find out if the fund is right for you
If you're successful, you'll partner with us for 12 months and together we'll encourage Co-op members to support your project. The more members that shop with Co-op, the more money your project will receive in November 2023.
Check you're eligible
You must be a not for profit group and deliver a project to benefit your local community.
You can apply if your project:
- brings people together to access food
- helps improve people's mental wellbeing
- creates opportunities for young people to be heard and make a difference
- helps people protect local biodiversity or tackle climate change by reducing carbon emissions
Your project must also:
- take place in the UK or Isle of Man
- not have religious or political aims (although you can still apply if you're a religious organisation)
- take place or will still be running after November 2023
Amount of funding available
The more Co-op members that support your project and shop with us, the more money you'll receive.
In most areas, this is between £1,000 and £3,000 on average. You'll get a minimum of £1,000 to support your project.
Find out how you can use the money
The purpose of the fund is to help you deliver a project that benefits your community.
We can only fund staff salaries and overheads specifically related to the project you're applying for.
To apply for funding, send your application by midnight on 29 May 2022.