About Premier League Stadium Fund
The Premier League Stadium Fund is the new name of the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (FSIF). It takes on the existing work of the FSIF with an extended remit, providing financial support to clubs throughout the football pyramid. As well as continuing to fund ground-grading requirements, the Premier League Stadium Fund includes a new Club Development Fund to help clubs grow and enhance sustainability.
Premier League Stadium Fund grants will enable clubs to invest in projects to develop many aspects of their grounds, including the ongoing improvements required for stadiums to meet the requirements of the league that clubs play in.
To be eligible for funding, clubs must either own the freehold of the site they want to develop or have a lease with at least ten years or 21 years unexpired, as appropriate (ie 10 years for clubs applying for up to £150,000 and 21 years for clubs applying for £150,000 and over).
Supporting clubs both on and off the pitch
Over the last 12 months the Premier League Stadium Fund has provided grants to;
- Add new covered seating and ancillary facilities, providing a better experience for supporters off the pitch
- Install new LED floodlights to help clubs become more financially sustainable on the pitch
- Build new or refurbish changing rooms to create a more inclusive environment for both players and officials
- Provide pitch-maintenance equipment to help prepare a better playing surface for games to be played on, reducing the number of postponements each season
- Erect boundary fencing to help make stadiums more safe and secure
For more information, please click here.