About Sport England - Community Asset Fund
Whether it's the park you run through, the hall you do classes in or the pitch you play on, welcoming and accessible spaces have a big impact on a person's experience – and likelihood of coming back.
Traditional sports facilities where people enjoy physical activity are an important part of this, but it can be much wider too. It doesn't have to be a traditional space – or a traditional sport.
Sport England's Community Asset Fund is a programme dedicated to enhancing the spaces in your local community that give people the opportunity to be active. There are a number of things that they want to achieve with this funding, but most importantly they want to help local organisations to create quality and financially sustainable facilities that benefit their community for years to come – which may mean providing help to get things up and running too.
While they will continue to invest in projects that retain people in sport and increase the number who are regularly taking part, they are also looking to invest in projects that look beyond this to how sport and physical activity can – and does – change lives and becomes a force for social good.
- Improve and protect existing sports facilities that support the needs of local communities
- Invest in new and different places that meet the needs of local communities, which include our target audiences
- Ensure our capital investment reaches organisations who have not accessed our funding before
- Create a more resilient, sustainable, less grant dependent sport sector
- Who we want to work with:
- We welcome applications from all organisations
- Value: £15 million per annum
- Opened: 30 January 2017
- Anticipated size of bids:£1,000 to £150,000
- Timeframe: No deadline
Awards made from: February 2017
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.