About Barclays Rebuilding Thriving Local Economies Fund
This funding is for people living on a low income in the following Post Codes; Taunton Deane - TA1, TA2, TA3, TA4, TA21.
Criteria for application:
Living on a low income the individual or family you are applying for must be:
- Living within the following Post Codes; Taunton Deane - TA1, TA2, TA3, TA4, TA21
- Have right of residency in the UK
- Have the right to work in the UK (if applying for employment needs)
- Have the right to study in the UK (if applying for educational or training needs)
- Be a service user of your organisation.
- Have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 over and above usual difficulties.
Be experiencing or are affected by at least three of the circumstances listed below:
- Use of foodbanks or similar
- Delays in receiving benefits
- Loss of employment due to Covid-19
- In debt (including rent arrears)
- Physical disability and/or chronic ill health
- Serious mental health problems
- Underlying health issues that required isolation
- Family under acute stress (e.g. rising family tension, conflict, overcrowding,
- no outside space, increasing behavioural issues with children, in
- relationship difficulties, child protection or child in need plans etc.)
- Recent family breakdown
- Domestic abuse
- Severe isolation (e.g. living alone, no access to a social network etc.)
- Recent bereavement (including loss of pregnancy)
- Caring responsibilities in household, including young carers
- Special educational needs/learning disabilities
- Child(ren) excluded from school
- Normally eligible for free school meals
- Living in temporary accommodation
- Substance misuse
- Frequent contact with the criminal justice system (but not in prison)
How much can be for?
The maximum grant will be £1,000. The amount awarded with be dependant on the applicant's circumstances, the size of the household, the purpose of funds requested and funds available at the time the application is received.
How often can the grant be applied for?
We will consider one grant application for an individual or family in any 12 - month period.
What can be applied for?
We will consider applications to fund the items below. Please note, you can select multiple items up to the maximum grant of £1,000.
Day to day living costs:
• Food and essential household items, including personal hygiene items such as nappies.
• Utilities: Gas, electricity, water or equivalent such as heating oil.
• Council Tax Arrears
• IT equipment, e.g. laptops and tablets (we will only fund basic models and use Argos as a guide to costs per item).
• Wi-Fi access.
• Smart phones (we will only fund basic models and will use Argos as a guide to costs per item)
• Phone top ups.
Education, Training and Employment:
• Clothing required for employment or interviews
• Equipment required for employment not provided by the employer
• Travel costs associated with employment or interviews
• Course fees and costs associated with further education, eg. costs for books, equipment and travel.
What cannot be applied for?
We cannot fund any item that is not listed above which includes but is not restricted to:
white goods; kitchenware; furniture; moving costs; rent deposits, arrears or payment; debt (except utilities and council tax); school uniforms; clothing (except clothing required for employment, education or training); car maintenance/insurance; driving lessons; legal fees; citizenship applications; fines; childcare costs; funeral expenses (including associated costs, such as headstones; gifts (such as toys for birthdays, Christmas or other festivals); repayment of Social Fund or other loans; bankruptcy or insolvency costs; items already purchased; general appeals; funding for projects or groups; holidays.
Please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
barclays-rebuilding-thriving-local-economies-fund-application-form.docx (MS Word, 97.2 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.