About Canoe Foundation
Funding applications are open to clubs, community groups, Parish Councils, Local Authorities or anyone in the UK with an active interest in improving access to water for recreational users and protecting the environment.
This should be organisations or partnerships with local paddlesport groups who will continue to support the use of the improvements on an ongoing basis.
Online funding applications are expected to be in the range from £500 to £10,000 and encouraged to be deliverable for summer 2021. Exceptional projects over £10,000 will be considered.
We consider applications after each closing date, with the next review being for applications received by 31st August 2021.
Grants for projects that are able to commence quickly may be awarded before the funding window closes, so we encourage applicants to apply early. We are also keen to support projects that can be completed by Summer 2021.
Please note our current focus is on:
- Increasing and protecting public access points to water for recreational users.
- Creation of sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and abilities.
- Protecting and enhancing the natural environment.
Types of projects we would consider:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the waters edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (Countryside code, "Check, Clean, Dry", take your litter home etc).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage recreational water users in helping protect the waterway environment (such as river clean initiatives, habitat creation or invasive non-native species action).
- Projects that are multi user or can benefit more than one user group.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.