About Sport England Crowdfunder - Activate Your Space
This investment aims to help community organisations crowdfunding for capital (building or refurbishment) works that will enhance spaces within their local area, to enable people within their community to become more physically active.
Our investment match, of up to £10,000, is targeted at community groups and organisations that have identified an issue, consulted their community on what the solution may be and is seeking investment to get their project moving forwards.
This is not a fund for traditional sports clubs seeking to invest in their own clubs' facilities for the sole use of their members but targeted at organisations that perhaps don't see themselves as a 'traditional sports organisation' that is looking to create a genuine community facility.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Charities, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector not-for-profit organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their community, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations,
- For the benefit of people residing in England.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals or sole traders,
- For profit businesses or partnerships,
- Schools, colleges and universities,
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms,
- Leisure operators.
If your application is approved, you'll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the 'pledge conditions'):
1. raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2. raise this from a minimum number of unique Supporters.
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.
Note – Sport England reserve the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before completing your application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria. Read here.
Funded projects will be required to agree to the Activate Your Space Grant Conditions.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.