About Sport England Places & Spaces
The Places and Spaces fund is available to all not for profit community organisations delivering sport and physical activity, to help them improve their place or space in 2022 and helping to keep their community active.
It is a fund about inspiring participation, diversifying audiences and bringing people together, which we know places and spaces form a big part of. Your project for example could be for:
- creating a welcoming and accessible space or place,
- improving a place or space to encourage new people,
- changing a place or space to provide opportunities for more people to be more active, locally.
There are no set criteria on what will be funded, but some examples include:
- Improvements to pavilions, changing rooms and clubhouses to encourage greater usage and be more welcoming
- Developing a new physical activity offer for people who are currently inactive, such as walking football or netball
- Improving facilities in response to local demand by installing floodlights
- Supporting upgrades to natural turf, artificial grass pitches and multi-use games areas
- Improve access for players, volunteers and coaches with disabilities.
- Awards (or 'pledges') of up to £10,000 are possible.
- You must set up a crowdfunding campaign before we'll consider a pledge towards that campaign.
- All campaigns should be a celebration of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, providing information on how the place or space is going to provide a legacy and unite your community.
- We anticipate the fund will remain open until December 2022.
- Applications can be made by not-for-profit organisations for the benefit of people and communities within England.
For more information, please click here.