The Great Big Green Week Community Fund supports community groups to organise local events, activities and festivals during the Great Big Green Week 2022.
- Amount Available: £200 to £5,000
- Type of funding: Club, Group or Organisation, Environmental Improvements
- Deadline: 1:00am – Thu 30th June, 2022
- Source: Active Together
Our Great Big Green Week Community Fund supports community groups to organise local events, activities and festivals during the Great Big Green Week (24 September – 2 October 2022). These should engage the local community and celebrate action and progress being made on climate change.
Update May 2022: Following the deadline of our Large Grants Programme, we recommend that applicants read the criteria carefully and include a detailed budget breakdown in your application, as we have a limited pot of funding and are significantly oversubscribed.
In your application we ask that your event/ activity meets ONE of the following:
- Empower local groups to create new connections locally that support new people and organisations to take climate action locally. E.g. local businesses, sports clubs, cultural organisations and faith groups
- Led by or in partnership with groups who are underrepresented within the climate movement. E.g. ethnic minority, disability or economically deprived.
- In locations with no existing green week or related activity. Or, where the event takes existing or previously funded activity to a new level.
- Engage local politicians and/or councillors in events happening in their constituency.
- Support engagement across generations and encourage intergenerational dialogue
- Small Grant: £200 to £500
- Medium Grant: £500 to £5,000
These grants will be reviewed on a monthly basis until 30 June 2022. Applications received by the end of each month will be reviewed and applicants will be informed if they were successful by the middle of the following month.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.