About Wakeham Trust Grant
The trust funds nationwide small projects based on some criteria, e.g.
- is it new for this particular community
- is it small?is it run by volunteers
- is it sustainable/self supporting
Previous grants shown interest in activity based projects, e.g:
- Weekly sport sessions for young people living on social housing estates
- A "Bikeability" course for special needs pupils, mainly boys
- £450 to help start one of the earliest Wheelchair Rugby clubs
- £225 to help surfing for disadvantaged young people in Newquay
- £300 for bike riding for autistic children
The trust accepts applications all year round from UK registered charities or other groups where a UK charity would accept the grant on their behalf. In general the trust likes to help projects that are small scale and would find it hard to get funding from big trusts. Full requirements can be found on their website. Grants usually awarded are between £125 and £2,500.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.