Contact Name: Allen Lane Foundation
Telephone: 01904 613223
About Allen Lane Foundation
The Foundation makes grants to voluntary not-for-profit organisations in the UK for work which benefits groups of people who are under-represented in UK society.
Overall, the Foundation wishes to fund work which:
- Will make a lasting difference to people's lives rather than simply alleviating the symptoms or current problems.
- Is aimed at reducing isolation, stigma and discrimination.
- Encourages or enables unpopular groups to share in the life of the whole community.
In 2019, the Foundation has launched its new Social Cohesion Programme, which has been established to provide support to local communities. It will focus on funding projects that aim to break down barriers and tensions between different groups of people, and build a more cohesive and inclusive community for all.
The aim of the new programme is to:
- Proactively work towards building better community cohesion and trust, and encouraging respect and understanding in the local area
- Proactively promote the inclusion of marginalised groups and individuals in the life of the local community
- Fund work which breaks down barriers and tensions in the local community thereby reducing feelings of division and "them and us".
The funding is for community-led grassroots groups and organisations whose work is focused at a 'very local/community level' such as a housing estate or distinct community.
Applications will be particularly encouraged from areas of high deprivation but not exclusively. The Foundation is keen to support communities come up with their own solutions to local issues of division. It is open to supporting actions which are new or may have been tried before or are on-going, however, the work must have lasting benefits for those people the projects are aimed at.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.